Update November 3, 2013:
Announcement. I'm officially retiring from the Japanese Anime hobby. I have two more series to finish. I elaborate more details in the next update. Arigato!
Update August 24, 2013:
Let's Start With Outdoor Fun:
- I ate at PPQ Restaurant in San Francisco to celebrate a friend's birthday.
- I went to the Mountain View Arts Festival.
- I attended the Maker Faire at the San Mateo County Fairgrounds.
- I rode on a MUNI bus for the first time as part of the transpiration route to the Union Street Festival in San Francisco.
- I visited Huddard Park in Woodside, CA for the first time because I was invited to a wedding engagement party.
- I went to the Los Altos Arts & Wine Festival.
- My Obon Festival attendance was at Mountain View, CA this year. I went to San Jose last year.
- My family was invited to hike with my nephew's Cub Scouts at the Castle Rock Regional Park in Walnut Creek, CA.
- I went to the Computer History Museum. Click Jeopardy to view a pic of me competing with IBM's Watson.
- I shopped at the Historic Murphy Street in Sunnyvale, CA.
- I celebrated my girlfriend's 2012 birthday canoeing on the Russian River. 2012 is correct. I already gave her 2013 gift. Later in the day . . .
- . . . we visited Ukiah, CA for the first time because we were invited to a gaming gathering.
Wrapping Up The 2012 Movies. I watched Lincoln, Taken 2, Silver Linings Playbook, and Life Of Pi. I also watched Battleship, Sherlock Holmes 2, Gone With The Wind, and Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm. The only movie I watched for the Summer 2013 was Star Trek: Into Darkness.
TV In Moderation And Late To The Party. I finished The Shield Season 2. I marathoned the first 8 episodes. I went to bed at 7am. I also finished The Big Band Theory and Burn Notice Seasons 1. My next TV series is Breaking Bad Season 2. As of the updated, the box set remains in shrink wrap.
Job Search. The job market continues to be tough. I had two phones interviews and two face-to-face interviews since March. I think I had at least five phones interviews and I had seven face-to-face interviews last year. I continue to revise and improve my resume and cover letter.
I also improved my job searching since June. I consolidated my job parameters to be more efficient and spent less time on job websites such as Careerbuilder, meta job searching websites such as Indeed, and companies' own career website such as eBay and Apple. I continue to listen for job searching advice and stories about how other people lost their jobs.
I continue to take online classes to keep my skills fresh. I crammed basic accounting for my first interview of 2013. I finished Business Analyst, Excel and Crystal Reports classes. I'm taking Access.
Kickstarter. mDuo13 introduced me to Kickstarter. It was the first time I heard about crowd funding. I backed my first Kickstarter projects which were two tabletop games. One arrived in July and the second is delayed. I stay away from the website because it's addicting. There are some great projects worth backing; unfortunately, I don't have the money to back. I think of Kickstarter like a mall where I can give gifts.
I read The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, The Importance Of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, and Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein. The Devil Wears Prada is on my all time favorite books list.
Anime. I watched Kotoura-san, Shinsekai Yori, Saki Episode A Achiga Hen, Suisei No Gargantia, and Hataraku Maou Sama. I caught up with the D. Gray Man manga. The Kanda backstory arch was fantastic. And I finished my first visual novel which was Planetarium. The short visual novel took between 3.5-4 hours to complete.
Fanime Con 2013. I had a good time attending the anime convention despite the registration problems. One good choice was skipping the first day. I attended days 2-4. Luck was on my side as I found one open parking spot at my hotel. Fanime 2013 is my last time I attend.
Car Problems. Never get your car repaired at Midas. Terrible work. Appu found a ma and pa auto shop he recommended. I went to his auto shop to get my breaks repaired again. I received new brake pads and my rotors were resurfaced. My air conditioner received new freon.
Goodbye Junk. I made $101.00 selling items on eBay in June. The extra room helped me organize my board game shelf.
- My Cosplay Added my Fanime Con 2013 pics.
- Family Photos Added highlights from my adventures for the past 12 months.
- Police Photos Added BART, California Highway Patrol, Mountain View, and Ohlone College. I have bad luck this year I've been taking very few police cars pics.
- About Me I updated me.
Update March 11, 2013:
I'm Updating Myself. There are no new updates. I'm spending a majority of my time job searching and taking online classes. I read books on Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Crystal Reports, and MySQL to refresh my skills last year. I started taking online classes in January. The classes I completed are Business Analyst, Excel, and Crystal Reports. I plan to take more classes until I find a job. I also created a log in Excel for all the jobs I applied. And I created a new Gmail account for job searches only. My last interview was in Nov 2012 at a tech company in Mountain View, CA.
It Took Me A Long Time. I finished watching Glee Season 1. I purchased Glee on Black Friday 2011. I enjoyed the series. I may purchase season 2 if it's on sale during Black Friday 2013. I also finished watching Justified Season 1. My girlfriend gave me the series on my birthday. And I finished watching Breaking Bad Season 1.
It also took me a long time to finish Half Life 2: Episode 1 and Episode 2. I also finished Quell Reflect on my Droid X2 phone. Speaking of my Droid, I rooted and installed Ice Cream Sandwich.
Anime. I finished watching Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Hyouka, Dog Days', Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Binbougami Ga, Tari Tari, and Chuunibyou Demokoi Ga Shitai aka Chuu2. Hyouka and Binbougami Ga on my all time favorite anime list.
I attended the Northern California Ren Faire at Casa De Fruta in Sept 2012. The last time I attended was in Aug 2007.
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants for winning the 2012 World Series.
I won my first Dominion card game. It took a long time and lots of last place finishes lol. I still have much more to learn. Dominion is one of my top ten all time favorite board games. I also played Tzaar, Cards Against Humanity, Galaxy Trucker, Viva Java, Legendary, Ascension, Gauntlet Of Fools, Innovation, and Oasis for the first time.
Recently Great Movies. I watched Brave, Skyfall, The Terminator, Looper, The Great Escape, Django: Unchained, Les Miserables, and Argo. I watched The Terminator unedited for the first time. I had watched it edited on TV. Other movies I watched include That Means War, Across The Universe, The Expendables, and The Hobbit.
Books. I finished reading Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls, The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett, Moneyball by Michael Lewis, and Mystery Of the Fat Cat by Frank Bonham.
The Family. I purchased a new computer chair. My family desperately needed an upgrade. We also had a family portrait taken. We celebrated my sister graduating from nursing school and my cousin's first new child. And we have a Blu-Ray player given as a gift.
I went on another urban hike in San Francisco. We hiked in the Bernal Heights neighborhood including Bernal Heights Park. Fantastic views of San Francisco on the top of the hill. Other new places I visited for the first time include Downtown Los Altos in its entirety, the Vacaville Outlet Mall, the Livermore Outlet Mall, and the Town of Woodside, CA.
Update September 15, 2012:
Never Stop Learning No Matter What. I read Crystal Reports, Excel, PowerPoint, and MySQL to refresh my knowledge. I'm currently learning Visio. I find time to learn something new. These skills and knowledge help me for my future career.
Speaking of books, I read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and The Preserving Machine by Philip K. Dick.
Movies. I watched Titanic on IMAX 3D, Rango, Iron Man, The Hurt Locker, Bambi, The Avengers, Traffic, The Hunger Games, Scavenger Hunt, Run Lola Run, 10,000 BC, and The Dark Knight Rises.
Gym. My gym workouts have been improving since last month. Working out is a high priority in my life. My short-term goal is consistency--just go to the gym and do my workouts.
My brother got free tickets to watch an Oakland A's game. My parents, brother's family, and I watched the game. Seriously speaking, the A's needs a new baseball stadium.
I finished watching the following anime series: Mirai Nikki, Saki, Fate/Zero, and the K-On movie.
Fanime Con 2012. I had a good time attending the only anime con for the year. The highlights were the cosplay gatherings, playing Mahjong (Riichi), and the black & white dance. The lowlights were registration, the concert, and the first day in general. It was a slow start for many attendees. Wearing a neck wallet was a convenience.
Job Search Update. I was interviewed three times. Two of the interviews were for contract positions. The job market continues to be tough. I continue to search for a job and continue learning new job skills. I continue to updated and edit my resume and cover letter. There is always a better way. I recently edited my resume and rewrote my cover letter. I'm receiving more interest in me; unfortunately, no solid interviews. I'm looking for a business or research analyst position or a support position.
I installed a SSD drive and installed Windows 7 on my laptop. 20 seconds to boot up. I use my laptop for basic uses: internet, Microsoft Office, watching videos. I no longer play video games on my laptop.
New Adventures And New Sights. Take a look where I visited for the for the first time:
- Urban hiked along The Embarcadero in San Francisco. First time visits included China Basin, South Park, and Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill. I also rode a trolley for the first time.
- Hoover Tower in Stanford University.
- Felton Covered Bridge Park in Felton, CA.
- Hiked in Portola Redwoods State Park in La Honda, CA.
- Watched a meteor shower.
- Played Bingo paying money for a card at the San Jose Obon Festival.
Finally, the updates:
Click Update Archives to view past updates.
Innovate Infinitely is Copyrighted © 2013-1998. Some of the images, sounds, and outside information are Copyrighted © their respective owners for which the uses are informational.
The Latest at ININ
ININ Elsewhere On The Web
My First Blog
Innovating Common Knowledge The main content is taking everyday, common, and daily knowledge and innovating it.
My Second Blog
Finding Raymond Mar My personal blog sharing positives and asking myself how I'm living my life and what I can do to improve honestly. Anything goes. No rules.
Yelp Read my reviews. I always say something positive. I don't post negative reviews +__+
Twitter I tweet my observations, randomness, and anything from my five senses.
YouTube Watch my videos I uploaded. I have two videos of the Bellagio water show, two videos of Ren Faire'07, and one video of Fanime'02.
Steam Account Check out my stats playing games on Steam. I play Team Fortress 2 and Portal.
My cousin is a co-owner of a Japanese Restaurant. Anyone living in the Oakland East Bay area in California please check out Happy Sashimi. Restaurant located at 2718 Pinole Valley Road in Pinole. Menu included in the website.
- Data Analysis is great in Excel 2007.
- I have more appreciation for The Beatles. The music is good for cheering me up when I don't feel well.
- O/S means One Size Fits All in clothing and apparel.
The art of playing the rules instead of playing the game. For example, work a walk in a slow-pitch softball. Swing the bat, you weakling!
- roadtrippers.com is a website to plan a road trip with attractions, restaurants, hotels, shopping, and parks. Very intuitive.
- Double click Format Painter to format multiple and different cells. You remain in format painting mode instead of clicking FP many times.
- Scavenger Hunt was one of my first movies I saw on cable TV. I remember when there was just one cable providing all channels and movies. The motto in the movie is "Play To Win."
- July 17 was the 110th anniversary of Willis Carrier who invented the air conditioner. Lives changed from one of the greatest inventions.
- Trouble sleeping? Vacuum your room. Remove the dust. Another idea is blow your nose to clear your nostrils.
Maine is the USA state that borders exactly one other state.
- Matt Cain of the San Francisco Giants became the 22nd pitcher in Major League Baseball History to throw a perfect game.
Trans Bay Tube. Watch the YouTube video: BART Trans Bay Tube.
I like looking at illusions. Look at a common illusion.
- Matt Groening The Simpsons home state is Springfield, Oregon. He was inspired from the television show Father Knows Best.
Hydrogen is the lightest chemical element.
President Jimmy Carter never threw the first baseball in a major league baseball game since 1910.
French chemists Marie and Pierre Curie discovered Radium.
Sirius is the name of the brightest star.
C major and A minor can be played with all white keys on a piano.
Call Me Maybe - Vintage 1927 Music Video. Watch the YouTube video: If Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen was written in 1927 Pay attention to the piano player.
Mark Sanchez Worse Play Of His Career. Watch the YouTube video: Butt Fumble As of Aug 21, 2013, the play is ESPN's Worse Of The Worse for 35 weeks straight.
My all time favorite Beatles song. Watch the YouTube video: Let It Be.
Team Fortress 2. Watch the YouTube video: Listen to the Team Fortress 2 song. The song summarizes what the video game is all about.